Blog Blitz: Game of Crones
Today I get to help start the blog blitz for Game of Crones by Jay Raven! I am sharing my review of this novel of short stories!
Welcome to a world of cruelty, hexes and treachery, where malicious magic rules and you are but a single necromancer’s spell away from eternal terror.
From malevolent medieval magicians to Wild West witches, this spellbinding volume by a master of the macabre is packed with frightening fables guaranteed to send a supernatural chill down your spine.
Amongst the haunting historical horror stories, you’ll meet:
- A half-crazed girl locked up in a high security mental hospital by those accusing her of causing a devastating earthquake.
- An impoverished French noblewoman who’ll stop at nothing to marry her daughter to a wealthy prince – even if it means dabbling with a dangerous love potion.
- The hated public executioner Pandora whose fabled box has already killed 55 men – without leaving a trace of violence on their bodies.
- Wily witch Merta who uses all her wits and trickery to turn the tables on the corrupt Mayor who wants her burnt alive at the stake.
- A faery mage without conscience or pity with the perfect plan to make Mankind turn on itself – and all it takes is one innocent baby.
- A drought-stricken frontier town that seeks magical help from the local Indian tribe to make it rain, but learns it comes at a terrible cost.
- The doubt-ridden King, plagued by nightmares of his death, who consults an enchantress to learn the most of hidden of secrets: just when the Grim Reaper will claim him.
- A Mid Western widow who is convinced her homesteading husband is still alive, held hostage by a sorceress.
If you’re thrilled by exciting dark fantasy tales, with cunning twists, edge-of -the seat tension and unexpected shivers, you’ll love Game of Crones. Pick it up today. If you dare…
Game of Crones: Tales of Witchcraft and Wickedness
Author: Jay Raven
Published: April 9, 2019
Reviewed By: Jessica
Dates Read: May 13-15, 2019
Jessica’s Rating: 4 stars
Game of Crones is a short novel of 110 pages comprised of eight short stories that range from having magicians to princes and witches. If you enjoy your ‘fairy tales’ with a macabre twist to them then Game of Crones is for you!
These short stories could be read in no more than 20 minutes each, but usually shorter. I was able to read it quickly and each story is unique in its own way and has varying twists at the end that you may not see coming! My two personal favorites were Suggestion of Evil and Prince Charming. They were two very different stories and I especially loved the ending of Prince Charming.
If you enjoy dark ‘fairy tales’ give Game of Crones a shot, you are sure to find a story you will enjoy!
About the Author:
Jay Raven is the author of Gothic chillers and historical horror reminding readers that the past is a dangerous place to venture, full of monsters and murderous men. He blames his fascination with vampires, witches and werewolves on the Hammer Horror films he watched as a teenager, but living in a creepy old house on the edge of a 500-acre wood may have something to do with it.
If you would like to be informed of new releases, enjoy free short stories and access exclusive giveways and competitions, please subscribe to Jay’s monthly newsletter on his website at www.jayraven.co.uk