Welcome 2017! This posted right when the new year rang in for us here in Georgia.
I hope this year will be better than last year for everyone. To get this year started I will be reading these two books:
I will continue to read Stop the World by Sherry Mayes. I started it last year and was not able to finish it before the new year. Having to work just interferes with my reading time! Does that happen with anyone else?
Book Description from Amazon:
Inspired by a true story:
SHE THOUGHT HER LIFE WAS OVER … BUT IT WAS JUST BEGINNING
Jody Angel Taylor believes her life is all mapped out: Glamorous, clever and popular, and due to marry her handsome boyfriend, she has it all. Until one night she has a devastating car crash, ending up paralyzed — and her perfect world collapses.
Committing media suicide and publicly blamed for her own accident, everything around her falls apart. She becomes a lonely recluse, feeling she’s lost everything including her legs — her boyfriend to her best friend, her father to an affair, her mother to depression — but above all she fears losing her mind. What she doesn’t know is that someone across the globe is about to throw her a lifeline. Can she find the courage to take it? Determined to love again and clear her name, she embarks on a new adventure that will transform her life beyond all expectations.
If you like ‘The Fault in Our Stars’ by John Green and ‘All the Bright Places’ by Jennifer Niven then you’ll love Sherry Mayes’ inspiring novel.
If I was Your Girl by Meredith Russo. I will be listening to this one on audio book.
Description from Amazon:
A big-hearted, groundbreaking novel about being seen for who you really are, and a love story you can’t help but root for
Amanda Hardy is the new girl in school. Like anyone else, all she wants is to make friends and fit in. But Amanda is keeping a secret, and she’s determined not to get too close to anyone.
But when she meets sweet, easygoing Grant, Amanda can’t help but start to let him into her life. As they spend more time together, she realizes just how much she is losing by guarding her heart. She finds herself yearning to share with Grant everything about herself, including her past. But Amanda’s terrified that once she tells him the truth, he won’t be able to see past it.
Because the secret that Amanda’s been keeping? It’s that at her old school, she used to be Andrew. Will the truth cost Amanda her new life, and her new love?
What are you starting off 2017 reading?
It is hard to believe that 2016 is over. Here is my 2016 in review ‘book-wise’:
In February, I became an admin of the Bookies Facebook page. As an admin, I began a weekly post called “Weekly Wonder” where I posted a review of a book I read. If I had not read it gave it a mention as I found it one I wanted to read. The Weekly Wonder could be a negative or positive review. As I began doing the Weekly Wonder I started posting reviews more on Goodreads. From there, I started slowly posting reviews more on Amazon.
I started getting more involved in the ‘book community’ and began ‘meeting’ more fellow books lovers. Most of them happen to be in the UK. I ‘met’ Chelsea, a fellow blogger from Georgia whose site The Suspense is Thrilling Me is great! I look up to her and hope to ‘grow up and be like her’ one day! She also introduced me to The Book Club on Facebook ( #TBConFB) in August or September. I thank her so much for that! They are a great community of fellow authors, readers, and reviewers, with twisted minds and senses of humor 😉 ! I have read two books for review from them. I plan to get more involved with TBC in 2017.
In June, I began using a website called NetGalley where you can get arc books in exchange for review. This is a great site! Publishers use it to get their books out there months in advance for those early reviews. I have read some books I love (Jack Jordan’s My Girl) and others I did not enjoy.
As I was getting involved with all of this, one day it hit me that I wanted to do more with my reviews: I wanted to start a blog! I told my husband this, and he helped me get set up with this site mid July. I started this blog for me first, but I do hope to get more followers. I am still learning about blogging. If you subscribe to this blog then you get a big THANK YOU! If you don’t subscribe, please do. Please pass this blog around to others. I would love to have some more subscribers; as of now I have 32. I would love to see 2017 end with many more! I have posted, reviews, interviews, and even a participated in a weekend ‘blog blitz’. The biggest thing that came out of my blog for me, was an interview with my favorite author, Heather Gudenkauf! Interviewing her was like a dream come true. I ‘fangirled’ a little when she said yes to the interview. I honestly did not expect a yes from her. My blog had only been around for two weeks at that time. THANK YOU so much for doing that interview with me Heather! My interview with Heather is here.
In November, I began a Twitter account. Occasionally a ‘personal’ tweet may be tweeted.
I am anticipating 2017 and I hope it will be another big year ‘book wise’ for me. I plan to continue my reviews, and hope to continue to do more of everything else! I already have several ‘blog tours’ set up in early 2017. I am continuing to catch up on reading the books I have received for reviews. I am hoping that will be finished by March at the latest. Until then, I will not accept more books for review. But I will still accept everything else!
Without further ado, here is my list of books I read in 2016!:
****= short story
1. ****Yet to Be Determined- John Meany- Kindle- 16 pages
2. Total Money Makeover- Dave Ramsey- AUDIOBOOK- 3 Discs- 220 minutes
3. The Good Girl- Mary Kubica- Kindle- 352 pages
4. If You Could Be Mine- Sara Farizan- AUDIOBOOK- 5 Discs- 315 minutes
5. Pretty Baby- Mary Kubica- Kindle- 381 pages
6. The Help- Kathryn Stockett- AUDIOBOOK- 15 discs- 18 hours
7. The Weight of Silence- Heather Gudenkauf- Hardback- 373 pages
8. ****Bridget Jones’s Guide to Life- Helen Fielding- Paperback- 55 pages
9. Spring Fever- Mary Kay Andrews- AUDIOBOOK- 12 Discs- 15 hours 30 minutes
10. These Things Hidden- Heather Gudenkauf- Paperback- 337 pages
11. Christmas Bliss- Mary Kay Andrews-AUDIOBOOK- 6 Discs- 7.5 hours
12. One Breath Away- Heather Gudenkauf- Paperback- 370 pages
13. Midnight Clear- Mary Kay Andrews- AUDIOBOOK- 9 Discs- 11 hours
14. ****Little Lies- Heather Gudenkauf- Kindle- 45 pages
15. Little Mercies- Heather Gudenkauf- Paperback- 304 pages
16. Beach Town- Mary Kay Andrews- AUDIOBOOK- 12 discs- 14 hours
17. Change of Scene (prequel to Beach Town)- Mary Kay Andrews- Kindle- 144 pages
18. ****Six Days- Theresa Kay-Kindle- 23 pages
19. ****The Grownup- Gillian Flynn-on phone- 66 pages
20. The Millionaire Mind- Thomas J. Stanley-AUDIOBOOK- 10 discs- 12 hours
21. Missing Pieces- Heather Gudenkauf- Hardback-284 pages
22. Summer Rental- Mary Kay Andrews- AUDIOBOOK- 12 discs- 15 hours
23. Dinner with a Perfect Stranger: An Invitation Worth Considering- David Gregory- Hardback- 100 pages
24. A Mother’s Reckoning: Living in the Aftermath of Tragedy- Sue Klebold- Hardback- 284 pages
25. Deep Dish- Mark Kay Andrews- AUDIOBOOK- 12 discs- 13.75 hours
26. No Ordinary Life- Suzanne Redfearn- Paperback- 365 pages
27. The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender- AUDIOBOOK- 7 discs- 8 hours 36 minutes
28. The Happiness Effect: How Social Media is Driving a Generation to Appear Perfect at Any Cost- Donna Freitas- Kindle- 352 pages
29. The Devil’s Labyrinth- John Saul- AUDIOBOOK- 9 discs- 11 hours
30. Thirteen Reasons Why- Jay Asher- AUDIOBOOK- 5 Discs- 6 hrs 25 min
31. Me Before You- Jojo Moyes- Paperback- 409 pages
32. ****The Case of the Missing Bubble Gum Card- R Weir- Kindle- 27 pages
33. Red Velvet Cupcake Murder- Joanne Fluke- AUDIOBOOK- 9 discs- 9 hrs 45 min
34. After You- Jojo Moyes- 352 pages- Paperback
35. Most Wanted- Lisa Scottoline- AUDIOBOOK- 10 discs- 12 hours 30 min
36. My Girl-Jack Jordan- Kindle- 248 pages
37. Now That It’s You- Tawna Fenske- Kindle -314 pages
38. Still Missing- Chevy Stevens- AUDIOBOOK- 8 Discs- 9 hours 13 min
39. Tracking a Shadow: A Jarvis Mann Detective Novel- R Weir- Kindle- 212 pages
40. The Middle Place- Kelly Corrigan- Paperback- 272 pages
41. The Woman in Cabin 10- AUDIOBOOK
42. Marie Antoinette’s Darkest Days: Prisoner No. 280 in the Conciergerie- Will Bashor-Kindle- 392 pages
43. The Husband- Dean Koontz- AUDIOBOOK- 8 Discs- 9.5 hours
44. For the Love- Jen Hatmaker- Hardback
45. ****Find Me- E.J. Bennett- Kindle-33 pages
46. The Girls- Emma Cline- AUDIOBOOK- 8 discs- 9 hours 44 min
47. SMAFU: Situation Married All F$” Up- EM Bosso- Kindle 281 pages
48. ***Special Delivery- Lia Fairchild- Kindle- 24 pages
49. Twice as Fatal- R. Weir- Kindle- 232 pages
50. There is Freedom and Power in Transparency- Natalie Thomas- Paperback- 110 pages
51. ***Astray: When Adventure Leads to Horror- Ginny Clyde- Kindle 32 pages
52. The Wonder- Emma Donoghue- AUDIOBOOK- 10 discs- 13 hours
53. The Queen of Blogging- Therese Loreskar – Kindle- 192 pages
54. Always Watching- Chevy Stevens- AUDIOBOOK- 10 Discs- 12 hours 16 minutes
55. Separate Lives – Kathryn Flett- Kindle- 401 pages
56. Room- Emma Donoghue- AUDIOBOOK- 9 discs- 10 hours 52 minutes
57. His Kidnapper’s Shoes- Maggie James- Kindle- 284 pages
58. Happiness is a Commodity- The Behrg- Kindle- 108 pages
59. The Girl With All The Gifts- M.R. Carey- AUDIOBOOK- 13 hours 6 minutes
60. The Second First Time- Elisa Lorello- Kindle- 224 pages
61. The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett- Chelsea Sedoti- Kindle- 400 pages
62. In a Dark, Dark Wood- Ruth Ware- AUDIOBOOK- 9.5 hours
63. Operating on Faith- Matt Weber- Kindle- 168 pages
64. My Dad the Magician- Damian Powell- Paperback- 68 pages (children’s book)
Stop the World- Sherry Mayes (Began in 2016)
These are the books I awarded 5 Stars:
1. My Girl- Jack Jordan
2. Me Before You- Jojo Moyes
3. Still Missing(Audiobook version)- Chevy Stevens
4. The Weight of Silence- Heather Gudenkauf
5. These Things Hidden- Heather Gudenkauf
6. Room (Audiobook version)- Emma Donoghue
7. The Help (Audiobook version)- Kathryn Stockett
8. Missing Pieces- Heather Gudenkauf
9. The Girl with all the Gifts- M.R. Carey
10. The Queen of Blogging- Therese Loreskar
11. SMAFU: Situation Married All F$” Up- EM Bosso
12. His Kidnapper’s Shoes- Maggie James
13. The Happiness Effect- Donna Freitas
Children’s Book- My Dad the Magician- Damian Powell
See you in 2017!! Happy New Year! Be safe ringing in the new year tonight!
I just want to send a reminder out about the Authorber Fest currently going on the Bookies Facebook Page (which I am an admin)!
We have had fun so far this month and the fun continues! Here is the full list of Author Takeovers:
The times shown are Eastern Standard Time in the United States.
What is an “Author Takeover?” An author takeover is where an author controls the Facebook page for two hours and plugs themeselves, their books, whatever they want! There can involve giveaways!! I have already added some books to my neverending TBR (To Be Read) pile!!
I try to “attend” as many takeovers as possible, but I am personally looking forward to these takeovers, and hope to attend at least part of the takeover:
R.E. Carr – 10/15
M.R. Pritchard- 10/17
Aislin Keeley- 10/18- She has been interviewed and her book reviewed on this site.
Shandy Kurth- 10/26- She was featured in an Author Spotlight on this site.
R. Weir- 10/29- I have reviewed one short story and one book on this site. I am currently reading another of his “Jarvis Mann” novels. I am really enjoying these books.
Please check out the Bookies site here: Bookies
**Never miss a post! On the lower right hand corner of the page click “Follow” and enter your email address. You will get an email where you need to finalize the subscription. Then you will never miss a post. I love my followers!![Top]